The Year of Experimentation is a free writing festival taking place at The Platform Theatre at Central Saint Martins on 3 July. The festival is the culmination of the first year of the new MA Dramatic Writing course.
Ten dramatic writing professionals will offer free masterclasses for writers, students, the public and the industry on writing for theatre, television, film, radio and digital media.
The training is led by the ten Masters who have helped develop the MA Dramatic Writing at Drama Centre London. The Masters are:
- Ola Animashawun, founder of the Royal Court Theatre’s Young Writers Programme
- Stephen Jeffreys, Literary Associate at the Royal Court Theatre for eleven years
- Caroline Jester, dramaturg and creator of REPwrite, a new online dramatic writing programme
- Fin Kennedy, Fringe First winner and co-Artistic Director of Tamasha Theatre Company
- Kate Rowland, founder of BBC Writersroom and the Creative Director of New Writing at the BBC
- Philip Shelley, who runs the Channel Four screenwriting course
- Nina Steiger, Associate Director at the Soho Theatre
- Jennifer Tuckett, Course Leader for MA Dramatic Writing
- Steve Winter, Director of the Old Vic New Voices programme, co-creator of the Old Vic New Voices 24 Hour Plays and TS Eliot US/UK Exchange and Programme Director of the Kevin Spacey Foundation
- John Yorke, creator of the BBC Writers Academy and Managing Director of Company Pictures.
Book your free ticket for the festival and find out more here.